Most Expensive Cars In The World: Top 10 List 2012-2013
The 1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe was sold for $8.7 million in 1987. That and many others won’t be included in this list, they are no longer available in the market.
If you can afford it, you would probably invest a small fraction of that on a bevy of supercars for your garage. Here are 10 of the most expensive street legal production cars on the market (at least 2 available); concept cars are not included.
World's Most Expensive Cars:
1. Bugatti Veyron Super Sports $2,400,000. This is by far the most expensive street legal production car available on the market today (the base Veyron costs $1,700,000). Capable of reaching 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds, the Veyron is the fastest street legal car when tested again on July 10, 2010 with the 2010 Super Sport Version reaching a top speed of 267 mph. When competing against a Bugatti Veyron, you better be prepared!
There is a tie for #2!
2. Aston Martin One-77 $1,850,000. The name "One-77" says it all: beauty and power in One, limited to 77 units. With 750 hp, it is able to travel from 0 to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and reaching a maximum speed of 220 mph.
2. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster $1,850,000. One of the most exotic cars out there is also one of the most expensive. It can go from 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds with a top speed of 217 mph.
We have another tie for 3rd place:
3. Lamborghini Reventon $1,600,000. The most powerful and the most expensive Lamborghini ever built is the third on the list. It takes 3.3 seconds to reach 60 mph and it has a top speed of 211 mph. Its rare (limited to 20) and slick design are the reasons why it is expensive and costly to own.
3. Koenigsegg Agera R $1,600,000. The Agera R can burn 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds, reaching a maximum speed of 260 mph. It is equipped to reach 270 mph, but the supercar is electronically limited to 235 mph. You will need to sign a waiver, only then does the company unlock the speed limiter for a given occasion.
4. Maybach Landaulet $1,380,000. The Landaulet is the most expensive sedan on the market and it can go from 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds. It is one the most luxurious cars ever made, this comes with a convertible roof that fully opens at the rear. This Maybach is made especially for CEOs and Executives who have their own personal driver.
5. Zenvo ST1 $1,225,000. Able to reach 60 mph in 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 233 mph. The Zenvo ST1 is from a new Danish supercar company that will compete to be the best in speed and style. The ST1 is limited to 15 units and the company even promised "flying doctors" to keep your car running.
6. Hennessey Venom GT Spyder $1,100,000. What makes the 2013 Hennessey Venom GT Spyder is its price tag, a compelling 1.1 million dollars. There is no other convertible in the world today that can match-up with this car. Not to mention that it goes from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds.
7. McLaren F1 $970,000. In 1994, the McLaren F1 was the fastest and most expensive car. Even though it was built more than 15 years ago, it still has an unbelievable top speed of 240 mph and reaching 60 mph in 3.2 seconds. Even today, the McLaren F1 is still top on the list and outperforms other supercars.
8. Ferrari Enzo $670,000. The most popular supercar ever built. The Enzo has a top speed of 217 mph and able to go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds. Only 400 were produced and it is currently being sold for over $1,000,000 at auctions.
9. Pagani Zonda C12 F $667,321. Produced by a small independent company in Italy, the Pagani Zonda C12 F is the 8th most expensive car in the world. It promises to deliver a top speed of 215 mph and go from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds.
10. SSC Ultimate Aero $654,400. Don't let the price tag fool you, this American made car is actually the 3rd fastest street legal car in the world with a top speed of 257 mph and reaching 0-60 mph in 2.7 seconds. It costs less than half as much as the Bugatti Veyron, yet has enough power to compete against the most expensive car. It is estimated that only 25 of this exact model will be produced.