WhatsApp Stop Charging annual subscription fee's


I hope you are not sleeping on Whatsapp. Just in case, WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobile messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. You can leave voice recordings and make phone calls using your data. So I was reading an article by idownloadblog.com this evening about WhatsApp decision to remove annual subscription fees.  As a consumer, this is awesome. I use this app frequently to communicate with international coworkers without using international calling on my phone. It’s a great feature that I would pay the 99 cent fee to continue using it. However, the company says that most consumers that uses the app doesn’t have a debit or credit card. The best option to prevent a halt in growth, is to just drop the fee. Fine with me!!

Along with this information, the company also announced a few new features with WhatsApp version 2.12.16.

  • You can now choose to save incoming media for specific chats in contact info or group info
  • Pull down on in-app notifications to quickly reply to them
  • Missed call notifications will now appear inside of chats
  • Share PDFs from other apps into WhatsApp. 

Share PDF’s was a great idea. However, I would prefer to use email, Skype for Business or another business application to share documents. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment